Wednesday, April 18, 2012

My Pet Robot

One more shirt from the raw edge raglan pattern:


The orange shirt was 99 cents at the thrift store and the grey I used for the sleeves and neckband came from a shirt a friend gave me (which I noticed when I got home was slightly bleach stained).  So all in all this shirt cost a dollar!


 I have enough of the orange to do short sleeves on another shirt, so watch out for that.  It's kind of hard to see, but the front has an awesome drawing of a robot sitting beside a record player listening to headphones. Then there's a person leaning up against the robot's leg with another set of headphones coming from the same player.  The tag on the shirt says "My Pet Human" which I thought was cute.  I could not get a decent shot of it, though, so it'll have to wait til he's not wearing it.


I'm really happy with the results on this shirt.  All the seams are finished (unlike in the original pattern) and I only used the double needle for topstitching on the collar and the hems.  I didn't like the way it looked on the raglan seams on the shirts I've done so far.  I'm very happy with it and I feel like I've got a pretty good beat on this pattern (that's always a good feeling).

No comments:

Post a Comment