i make the same new year's resolution every year and that's simply to be better.
a better person, a better mother, a better wife, a better me.
this year there are a few more specific items on the agenda for my personal life which i won't bore you with here. here i shall simply state some goals for my crafty endeavors. of course things change so i won't beat myself up too much if i don't achieve everything, but it's good to have goals and if there's one thing i really live for it's crossing stuff off of to do lists so here goes...
1. i am once again participating in intswemodo which means i'll try and knit 12 adult sweaters/shrugs/vests this year.
2. make 4 pairs of socks. just a random number, but it seems doable
3. learn to sew. better. make some actually wearable stuff
4. built a wardrobe. after so many size changes i really have very little that fits me at all so i just want to build a strong wardrobe with pieces i love and feel confident in
5. shop the stash. seriously i don't know who keeps sneaking yarn into my house, but it's time to knit through it.
6. this is a constant goal of mine, but it bears repeating: shop local or indie, buy second hand, reuse, recycle, reduce my carbon footprint
oh yeah, one more
7. finish at least 2 of the (ahem) several blankets i've got lying around the house in various states of completion. everyone needs more handmade blankets in their life.