Saturday, March 16, 2013

I use all the parts.


Lots of top sheets, if not most, have some sort of decorative element along one edge.  A contrast color or print or an interesting hem.  The purple sheet I used for my collared darling ranges dress had these neat little pintucks (or are they pleats?  I really do not know) along the top edge.  There was more than enough after making that dress to squeeze out this skirt. and also some (non-bias) quilt binding.


I just used my TNT (isn't it exciting?  I have some tried 'n true patterns finally) A-line skirt pattern which I frankendrafted.  I'll leave that one up to your imagination.  The tucks point upward so they can look a little funny at the end of the day if I don't sit on them just right.  But all in all I'm really happy with the skirt.  So happy, in fact, that I've already apparently ruined it.  There's a great big stain on the front of it.  I'll be scouring Pinterest this weekend for remedies.


Luckily I had this light purple zip in my stash. One of the many I picked up at the thrift shop in $1 baggies with 10 or so to a bag.  The material, obviously, was leftovers.  The thread is one of several spools that have been floating around with the sewing machine since I can remember.  As far as I can tell, that makes this skirt approximately 10 cents.


Oh, wait.  $1 worth of avocado green seam binding which also came from the thrift.  This skirt was originally meant to be a muslin of this skirt pattern so I didn't bother finishing the seams...  Then I liked it so well I decided to try this stuff out as an afterthought.  It must be cheating, it's so fast and easy!  It's somewhat vomitous but I love the way these colors look together.

Total cost: $1.10

I think I might start keeping a running tally of how much each of my projects costs.  Then see how much I've spent on my wardrobe in one year.  Might as well start here, eh?






No comments:

Post a Comment