Sunday, June 16, 2013

Me Made May: The final week

Otherwise known as "The week where things get silly / get collaged / go to pot"
Yes, I know it's mid-June.  And I'm okay with that.  Let's just move on.


Saturday (or Sunday?) I pulled out the warm Endpaper Sweater.  While I'm always happy to wear my awesome handknit sweaters, I'm a little disappointed that I had to pull this sweater out at the end of May.  Warm up already, Seattle!


Sunday I wore my Paisley Darling Ranges top... the one with sleeves.  It makes me smile that I have to be more specific than the original title now.  Paisley FTW!!


Monday was a holiday and the family headed out for a little daycation (can you say cheese?) to Bainbridge Island.  It's a thirty minute ferry ride away and there's a children's museum, a beach (of sorts), and Churchmouse Yarns and Teas which <sniff> I did not get to visit.  But it doesn't matter because we had an awesome day.


So awesome, in fact, I made a collage just of the kids being cute... and wearing made-by-me pants (the boy) and made-by-me groovy shirt and knitted hoodie vest (baby girl).  As you can see lots of fun was had by all.  I think it's worth noting that I don't normally wear dresses on the weekends but I was super comfy all day and my pants didn't get wet in the rain.  I know it's not raining in any of these pictures but it did a fair bit of it on and off throughout the day.  The one complaint I can think of is that the ferry on the way home was a bit windy (sorry innocent bystanders!) but the kids liked sitting inside watching the water go by anyway.  They didn't like being out in the wind either.


Tuesday and it's back to business.  The ubiquitous pink skirt again.  As a matter of fact the same outfit as I've worn most of the Tuesdays this month.  Yawn.


Ahh!  Some variety.  Wednesday I wore my new (at the time) wrap skirt.  This is a refashion and as soon as I can get some better pictures it will get it's own post (though I'm not sure it really deserves a whole post, simple as it is.  It's a great basic piece, though, so don't think I don't love it.


Wednesday there were lots of me-mades making the rounds.  I wore my reloved mullet skirt with my reloved periwinkle tie tee.  Sense a theme here?  A whole reloved outfit!  Yay! (You'll just have t imagine the  excited kermit arms).  But wait, there's more!  The boy has decided he likes his Shakespeare shirt and has started wearing it all the time.  When I first made it he would cry if it even came near him.  He's also wearing his Little Heartbreakin' Khakis.  I love those pants; they make him look like such a little gentleman... until he rolls around in the dirt and gets grass stains all over them of course. 


Friday I wore the other paisley Darling Ranges top.  Haha!  Nice.  What happened to Thursday you might wonder?  Well, I wore a me-made dress which I haven't blogged yet (though you have seen it earlier this month).  My plan (because I am nothing if not a plan-monger) is to put up a whole post about it next week with pictures taken the Thursday in question so I'm saving all the good shots for that.

What can we take away from this, my first, Me Made May?  Well, I can be counted on to make, to wear, but not necessarily to follow through with the blogging.  It has certainly prompted me to think about the most glaring holes in my me-made wardrobe.  I do wonder how feasible it is for me to work full time, sew, knit, run (inspired by Winnie of Scruffy Badger I'm starting to run), spend time with my kids, and also blog about it all.  Also, my camera is broken as I may have mentioned and all photos from here on out are iPhone.  Since I only used my camera for the self timer pictures I'm not really anxious to replace it.  What does this mean for this little old blog of mine?  Well, I'm going to try something new.  Quick and dirty blogging.  The pictures may get silly (bringing another person into the photography makes me feel awkward, and when I feel awkward I make strange faces and poses), the posts probably won't be edited for grammar, brevity, or even silliness.  Will you continue to read?  Are you reading anyway?  I don't know.  But we'll just see how this works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment