Friday, October 26, 2012

elephant pajamas

Honestly there's just nothing like a pair of quick PJ pants to make you feel productive.


The pattern is (of course) from Sewing for Boys.  I used the 2/3 size since that's what I already had traced.  However, since I planned to hem them I added some length.  Waaay too much as you can see.  Oh well.  I could always re hem them but I'm not sure when that's likely to happen.


As you can see he's still wearing them just fine.  If the extra length bugs him I just roll them up.  I got this awesome wild animal print at the thrift for a song and there's enough left for....  ah decisions, decisions.  I could make a matching top, perhaps.


He didn't want to try them on at first but I showed him that they have zoo animals on them and he went for it.  Actually I had to bribe him with a cookie as well, but now he wears them without a fight.  He even picks them out sometimes!


Here's a better shot of the print: giraffes, elephants, fish, whales.  He likes to point to the animals and say what they are.  Which, as far as I'm concerned, makes them the most educational pants I've ever sewn ;-)


And of course, how he got in my pajamas I'll never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment