Tuesday, September 10, 2013

more zombieeees

So I'm really not sure where the fascination with zombies comes from, but if there are zombies on it it's a win in his book.


I was still working on this when he came into my sewing room and got all excited.  "Zombies!  Zombies!  Hey look: zombies!"  I soon realized he had found his new shirt and decided that it was, what else, a zombie.  I would've gone with just skeleton, but I suppose once it starts walking around it's a zombie?  But do zombies skateboard, I think is the big question here.  


In all honestly I was a bit hesitant about making this shirt.  I thought it was pretty cool when I picked it up at Goodwill, but upon further perusal began to wonder if a boarding skeleton holding a bottle of... something... was moderately inappropriate attire for a four year old.  




Really, that's a debate in and of itself.  What is and isn't appropriate to dress your kids in?  Is dressing them up like a gangster just asking for trouble?  I feel like this shirt is pretty cool looking and innocent enough, but would some say that it's too adult for him?  I don't know.  Well, probably some people would... but some people believe vaccines and electricity are evil so, well, there ya go.


I finally realized why I keep getting puckers along the neckline when I use this pattern.  (Obviously I used the raw edge raglan from Sewing for Boys, as usual.  If it ain't broke don't fix it right?)  The seam allowances included in the pattern are probably 3/8 or 5/8 of an inch and I always sew knits with a 1/4" seam allowance.  Next time I'll cut the neckband accordingly.  Obviously it's too late to help this one but he doesn't seem to care much.


And just for fun some rolling around in the grass pics =)  On Labor Day we went to the Tacoma zoo and saw the sharks and generally a great time was had by all.  Although the grown ups were pretty exhausted by the time we got home!


I did not make baby girl's clothes, but isn't she precious with those little pigtails (squee!!!)  They play together so well.  I'm really impressed at how well the boy protects and plays with his little sister.  It pretty much melts my heart the way he takes care of her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment