Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Something a little different....


Picture above:  Sewaholic Thurlow pattern, freshly sharpened scissors, and some fabric I'm just itching to cut into.

This pattern traveled all the way from Vancouver, B.C. to merry old England and then came all the way back to land in Seattle.  Thanks again Jane; I can't wait to start working on this one to feel like I earned it!

The scissors I just had sharpened at the local hardware store.  I love the feeling of supporting local businesses while also not buying new scissors just cuz my old ones are dull (yes, there was a time in my life when I didn't even know you could get scissors sharpened!)

The fabric is a thrifted sheet.  It seems to be a cotton/rayon blend, though it's not labelled.  I'm struggling with the decision of what to make; the hand makes me think it would be good for a blouse as it's lightweight and a bit crisp, but I really want to make a dress.

Oy, I've got lots of finished things to show off, but I can't seem to ever manage to get pictures =(  Rest assured, some day soon there will be lots of FOs here.

No comments:

Post a Comment