Sunday, February 2, 2014

Seahawks Fever

Really I should have gotten around to blogging this shirt before the Super Bowl to show my 12th man spirit... but I literally just got pictures of it today (such as they are).  And I really only got pictures today because I figured posting it after the Super Bowl would just be lame.  So here we are, two hours after the Super Bowl and I suck for not busting this post out this afternoon.



I hate to admit that I'm not really much of a football fan... but when I was offered free tickets to a pre-season Seahawks game I, of course, said Hellz yeah!  I didn't have any Seahawks gear, though, and that shits pretty pricey.  I knew my dad had an old Seahawks tee he never wore anymore (never let my dad near your laundry unless you like bleach stains on ev.ery.thing) so I decided to go the cheap route and make my own.


I had seen some cool UW shirts done in this style with the multicolor raglan sleeve.  I took my knit shirt block and raglanized it.  I had scraps of the green laying around (by the way, I didn't realize this was an oooold shirt and the Hawks have totally changed from kelly green to lime green.  boo).  I can't remember where the grey came from... but i think it was part of the original shirt.  I really just sewed stripes of knit together and then cut the sleeves out of the patchwork.  All in all I'm pretty happy with how this one turned out.  And obviously... GO HAWKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment